Saint Margaret Mary is a parish in the Archdiocese of Ottawa, and serves the Old Ottawa South area and Carleton University.
St. Margaret Mary strives to be an urban-based Catholic community that is welcoming, hospitable and pastoral. St. Margaret Mary is richly blessed with many good things: the energy and the involvement of our parishioners in ministries such as music and outreach, the Sunday Supper program feeding the less fortunate, the quality of the pastoral team, and many other elements at work in our parish.Our community works for peace and justice that is based on the gospel message of love, forgiveness, compassion and service. This is our mission and helps us shape our character as a faith community as the people of God.
The parish church was dedicated in 1931 and it was consecrated by Archbishop Marcel Gervais on October 16, 1993